Drakothea is a stunningly beautiful property and offers an extraordinary setting for a dream vacation. The distinctive combination of breathtaking views, artistic elements, modern amenities, privacy, luxury and comfort make this villa an exceptional vacation spot.
Drakothea Vacation Rental
Drakothea is carved on a hill in a beautiful, peaceful spot, on the south east side of the island of Mykonos. There are breathtaking and panoramic views of the Aegean Sea and numerous other islands (Naxos, Paros, Ikaria, Donusa) as well as the unexploited terrain of Mykonos past. Due to its majestic location, one has the feeling of floating over the Aegean, with Lia Bay at your feet and the secluded Tigani Beach minutes from your property.
The villa blends uniquely into the rocky topography of a hillside setting and the impressive infinity pool, which hugs the entire length of the main house, tantalizes your senses into believing you are swimming into the crystal clear blue waters below. The property offers extreme privacy, impeccable grounds and it is constantly cooled by the Aegean breezes and bathed all day long by the world famous Cycladic sunlight.
There are many living levels with such visual excitement that you become a part of its spirit. The Villa will dare you to decide where your favorite view is to relax and enjoy the Aegean. The villa's exterior is very spacious, with a lot of lounging areas around the pool, 3 outside sitting areas under traditional style pergolas and a stone oven/barbeque. Elegant grounds, in traditional Mykonian style, nestle in secluded walled gardens. Olive trees, bushes, shrubs and cacti among the rocks, form beautiful landscapes. The deck is equipped with elegant wood furniture. The blend of Mykonian old charm using stone and found wood create visual excitement. All major rooms open to a patio, balcony or terrace, where one can dine, sunbathe or lounge undisturbed. There are fireplaces in all indoor and bedroom areas and as well a very functional central heating, making the house very comfortable even during the winter months.
Load-bearing stone walls whitewashed with rough surfaces, floors out of stone or colored cement, build-in furniture, corridors carved into rocks, the use of old doors through out the house create a very elegant and cozy atmosphere.
Drakothea is tastefully decorated with antiques and art pieces and special attention paid to every detail. The lighting both in the day, but also at night seems almost magic, unexpected and dramatic and makes the house very cozy and romantic and the perfect stage for entertaining. This is a house with intimate charm, elegance and style, without compromising the needs of a modern, contemporary house. The advantages of villa Drakothea comparing with other properties on the island are really a lot but the main ones are the breathtaking, spectacular views , the absolute privacy and lastly the 24/7 concierge service that is provided and included and it is very personalized for each guest and their needs. Through it guests can have access and enjoy everything the island has to offer.
Ground Floor (Main House)
- Elegant dining area
- Open plan kitchen
- Drapes of white see-through fabric hang flowing gracefully to separate the room from the entrance
- Through arched passages you move into a spacious, round stone carved living room with comfortable build in sofas
- Impressive fire place as a focal point
- TV and Stereo equipment are well hidden behind a thick antique wooden door
- Large bay window provides endless sea views
- Hallway, semi-carved in the natural rock, leads to a guest bedroom with an en-suite bathroom, walk-in closet and a private terrace with great views to the pool and the sea
- Large and chic master bedroom with a unique domed-ceiling bathroom with colored glasses, that creates a spectacular effect
- Private balcony overlooking the pool and the garden
- Step up to another bedroom with large bay windows that offer panoramic views
- Staircase connecting the two levels resembles a natural rock cavity, while hosting a small bathroom and a shower area
- First floor goes out to a very large veranda which leads to a pergola-shaded dinning terrace, with asuperb panoramic sea and garden views
Villa Drakothea has been published in major Architectural articles and travel magazines such as Ad Italia, The House Beautiful, Town and Country Travel and Conde Nast Traveler.
Rates Table Key:
Travel Dates Bedrooms
Minimum Stay Starting Price
|Now to May 31, 2019||4||7||
$ 1,228 € 1071 $ 1772 $ 1650 1230 £ 966
|Now to May 31, 2019||5||7||
$ 1,331 € 1161 $ 1921 $ 1789 1333 £ 1047
|Jun 1, 2019 to Jun 30, 2019||4||7||
$ 1,535 € 1339 $ 2216 $ 2063 1538 £ 1207
|Jun 1, 2019 to Jun 30, 2019||5||7||
$ 1,638 € 1429 $ 2365 $ 2201 1641 £ 1289
|Jul 1, 2019 to Aug 31, 2019||4||7||
$ 2,150 € 1875 $ 3103 $ 2888 2153 £ 1691
|Jul 1, 2019 to Aug 31, 2019||5||7||
$ 2,355 € 2054 $ 3399 $ 3164 2359 £ 1852
|Sep 1, 2019 to Sep 30, 2019||4||7||
$ 1,228 € 1071 $ 1772 $ 1650 1230 £ 966
|Sep 1, 2019 to Sep 30, 2019||5||7||
$ 1,331 € 1161 $ 1921 $ 1789 1333 £ 1047
|Oct 1, 2019 to Dec 31, 2019||4||7||
$ 922 € 804 $ 1330 $ 1239 923 £ 725
|Oct 1, 2019 to Dec 31, 2019||5||7||
$ 1,024 € 893 $ 1478 $ 1376 1025 £ 805
Security Deposit: $1,500 precollected
Minimum Stay: One week
Important! Non-USD rates above based on approximate currency conversion. Please confirm rate and currency with your Villa Specialist at time of booking.
- Bedroom 1: Master Bedroom located on the 1st floor with a California King Bed, en-suite bathroom, TV, air-conditioning, safe and a private terrace
- Bedroom 2: Located on the ground floor with a King bed and en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, safe and a private terrace
- Bedroom 3: Located on the first floor with a King bed and en-suite bathroom, air conditioning, fan, safe and private terrace
- Bedroom 4: Located on the ground floor with a Queen bed and en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, fan, safe and private terrace
- Bedroom 5: En-suite, air-conditioned bedroom with terrace, separate entrance, located in the garden next to the pool
- Every bedroom with its own private terrace
- Absolute privacy and amazing views
- Air Conditioning in all bedrooms
- Satellite TV
- iPod dock in every bedroom
- 2 TVs
- DVD player
- Stereo and CD player
- Complimentary internet service/access
- Printer/Copier machine
- Incoming telephone
- Iron/Iron board
- Safety box
- Fire places in all bedrooms and living room
- Central Heating
- Ceiling Fans in all bedrooms
- BBQ & outside dinning areas
- Several Outdoor Terraces
- Exterior lounging areas
- Pool towels
- Tigani Beach is minutes from the property
- Private infinity lap pool with sea water
Staff and Services
- Airport meet and greet by the owner personally or by the property manager
- 24/7 Highly personalized concierge service
- 5 Hours daily maid service
- Property cleaning and maintenance twice a week (garden, pool, outside areas)
- Linen, beach and bath towels
- Twice a week linen change and towel change
- Welcome basket (fruits, wine, local products)
- Check in 2:30pm/Check out 11am; flexible check in and/or check out times are according to availability
- Airport or port transfers on arrival and departure
- Minimum 7 night stay required
- Services available at an additional cost :
- Laundry service
- Errand services
- Cook services- chef
- Long distance calls
- Baby sitting
- Massages / Therapy/Personal training
- Tours of the island and Delos
- Rental Car/ Drivers
- Yacht chartering
- Travel Services / Ticketing
- Security/ Personal and in house
- Drakothea can hold small or large events for up to 200 guests
Mykonos Villa Notes
- All Villas in Mykonos, Greece are closed from November – April
There are currently no reviews.
OFFER EXTENDED: Up to $2,000 in Destination Dollars »
We’re committed to transforming already exceptional escapes into something even more extraordinary. That’s why we’re giving you up to $2,000 in Destination Dollars to create the most memorable vacation ever. Add a chef to your villa experience, or enjoy airport fast-track services. The choices are endless – and all yours.
Once your dream villa vacation is booked, your complimentary personal concierge will coordinate and schedule any element of your villa vacation – taking the guesswork out of your getaway like never before.
Here’s how you can earn your Destination Dollars:
|Amount Spent||Destination Dollar Rewards|
|$5,000 - $15,000||$150|
|$15,000 - $25,000||$250|
|$25,001 - $35,000||$350|
|$35,001 - $50,000||$500|
|$50,001 - $75,000||$750|
|$75,001 - $100,000||$1,000|
Don't miss out! This offer is only extended through June 1, 2019!
The tiers are based on the base villa cost only. Security deposits, concierge services, TA added booking fees and tax and services are not included in calculating the credit tiers. Offer valid for new bookings made between 5/19/19 – 6/1/19 for travel from 6/1/19 – 8/31/19. Destination Dollars of up to $2,000. Valid for select pre-paid services only. Service offered is subject to availability. No cash value. The value of any unused credit is non-refundable. Credit cannot be applied towards booking value. May not be combinable with other offers. All offers are subject to availability and may not apply to all villas or travel dates. Other restrictions may apply; please call for full details.
Mykonos Travel Guide
Mykonos is known as “the jewel” of the Aegean Sea for its cosmopolitan character, romantic atmosphere, and vibrant nightlife. Visit the popular and trendy Paradise Beach, where you can listen to music and dance the night away on powder-soft sand, and watch the sunset from beautiful Psarou Beach. Mykonos is also known as an excellent diving destination; you can explore underwater shipwrecks and remains of ancient civilizations.
Our Mykonos villa rentals epitomize Greek island living. Stay in a picture-perfect town of labyrinthine roads, in a whitewashed home covered in bougainvillea flowers with quaint balconies that overlook the magnificent sparkling blue sea.
Learn more about Mykonos »
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.