Vigne Vierge 2 Vacation Rental
Hanging off the cliff, one most amazing house in the famous village of Gordes, offers fantastic panoramic views, four bedrooms, four bathrooms, and a heated swimming pool. It is full of charm and character.
This superbly restored, dry stone three level village house, built into the cliffs of Gordes, faces directly out to the Luberon valley - a landscape of green, lavender and ocher. The house boasts two very large and comfortable terraces that guarantee unobstructed views.
This property was renovated and completely redesigned by a couple of renown art dealers who respected the traditional construction, using local limestone for the flagstone floors, the carved twisting staircase and the supporting arches. The renovation alone is a work of art.
The house has 3 levels.
- Open plan lounge with fireplace and many sofas
- Dining area
- Opens onto a dining terrace
- Professional kitchen with stainless steel appliances; oven, electric oven and gas rings. It is equipped with a large double fridge with ice maker. With microwave, blender, mixer; excellent sets of knives and pans, it is a real chef’s delight
- Access to the staircase to reach 2 levels below the terrace where are the terrace-garden and the swimming pool
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and walk-in wardrobe
- Bedroom with its en-suite bathroom
- Two other bedrooms with access to the garden and pool (through a small street), one with en-suite bathroom and the second with a separate bathroom
- Laundry room, with iron and ironing board, dryer, and washer
- Passive vaulted wine cellar (inventory with listed prices) are also at the guests' disposal on this level. Passive wine cellars are not climate-controlled, and are usually built underground to reduce temperature swings
- Please note that:
- There is a security system and one telephone per level
- There are 6 toilets in total, one in each bathroom, one in the main entrance-living area and one out in the terrace-garden
- Public parking space for 2 cars is available in front of the house
- Table tennis and Pétanque equipment
- There are six lounging chairs and three deck chairs on the terrace and around the pool
- Summer kitchen with gas BBQ
- The highlights of the 400 square meter terrace-garden include the heated swimming pool (8 m x 4 m with electric cover and alarm) closed during the low season, a garden shower and toilet, and the pool house with fully equipped kitchen and BBQ
- Bedroom 1: Master bedroom, which has been designed in Moroccan style, has a King size bed (180 cm), A/C, a walk-in wardrobe and an en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, basin, and WC
- Bedroom 2: 2 Single beds (90 cm x 2, could be converted into King size bed (180 cm)) and en-suite bathroom (bath, shower, basin, and WC)
- Bedroom 3 (Lower Floor): Queen size bed (160 cm), and en-suite bathroom (bath, shower, basin, and WC)
- Bedroom 4 (Lower Floor): 2 Single beds (80 cm x 2, could be converted into Queen size bed (160 cm). The last room with access to a separate bathroom (bath with shower attachment, basin, and WC)
- Floor heating/cooling system
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Hair dryer in each bathroom
- iPod docking station
- Kitchen has an overhead fan
- Many fans throughout the house that can be moved wherever needed
- Partial air conditioning
- Passive wine cellar (inventory with listed prices)
- Satellite TV
- TV area has a fan
- Wireless internet access in the main rooms
- Heated swimming pool with electric cover
- The swimming pool can be open and heated in low season at an additional cost (no charge during the high season, June - September)
- Normally the pool is closed down at the end of September until May as is the summer kitchen. The pool cover must be closed every night
- If a renter wants to keep the swimming pool open for low season, that can be done, and the price would remain the same as in High Season.. This would have to be set way before clients arrival to ensure that the water is warm enough to swim
Staff and Services
- English speaking meet and greet upon arrival
- Cleaning service: 4 hours, once per week
- Final cleaning
- Welcome basket
- Linens and towels are changed once per week on Saturday
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Extra cleaning
- Chef at home (Deluxe Restauration at Home)
- Transfer from/to the airport
- The walk into the village is a two minute stroll through history and cobbled streets, with a potential sketch or painting wherever you look. Inside the village of Gordes you may find all small shops, baker, butcher, cafés, good restaurants, art galleries.
- Cavaillon is 15 minutes away and offers supermarkets, shops, services and access to the A7 motorway.
- Coustellet is the closest commercial center with a supermarket, shops and a wonderful farmers’ market on Sunday morning.
- Marseille International Airport is at one hour
- Avignon which has a TGV station and small airport with flights throughout Europe, is only at 30 minutes.
- Please note: This property is not suitable for elderly people and young children because of the many stairs to access to different levels
- There is no extra charge for the pool heating (from June to the end of September) or the air-conditioning, electricity, gas or central heating
- There is a private, shaded petanque strip nearby. It may be accessed via the pedestrian pathway. Boules are kept in the terrace-garden area, in the toilet area
- An abdomen exerciser, as well as hand weights and a step bench are available for exercising
- Cyclists, should not park the bikes in the house. They should take them to the garden gate and leave them in the garden or padlock them outside. A garden key is left in the drawer where the telephone is, in the main salon, and the gate is accessed by the little pedestrian pathway that runs next to the house
- Pets are allowed
Provence Villa Notes
- Please note that France villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request. It is common for pool heating to be an additional cost.
Rates Table Key:
Travel Dates Bedrooms
Minimum Stay Starting Price
|Now to Sep 29, 2018||4||
$ 2,327 € 1960 $ 3154 $ 3099 2308 £ 1757
|Sep 29, 2018 to May 4, 2019||4||
$ 1,844 € 1553 $ 2499 $ 2455 1828 £ 1392
Please be advised a security deposit will be collected at time of booking and returned after travel. The prices above are communicated per night according to the number of nights minimum. For shorter or longer stays, ask for a quotation. This can be more or less expensive than the expected prorated amount.
The swimming pool can be open and heated in low season at €1,500 for a week rental
Security Deposit: €10,000 - requested with the final payment (because of the many works or art)
Minimum Stay: 1 Week.
Important! Non-USD rates above based on approximate currency conversion. Please confirm rate and currency with your Villa Specialist at time of booking.
The exact location of Vigne Vierge 2 is not available on this map. The pin on the map below shows the approximate location of Gordes, Provence:
Vigne Vierge 2 Reviews
There are currently no reviews.
Up to $1,000 in Destination Dollars »
Complete the perfect villa vacation with your choice of added services, amenities, and more – it’s on us! Book your dream getaway now and we'll give you up to $1,000 in Destination Dollars to spend during your stay. Add a chef to prepare meals in your villa, or airport transfers to take the stress out of your arrival. And, choose from a variety of incredible activities: a private catamaran in Barbados, a natural pool safari in Aruba, rum tours in the Dominican Republic, a wine tour in Tuscany, and much more.
Use your Destination Dollars for just about anything during your stay, including:
- Airport Fast Track Service
- Boat Charters
- Cooking Classes
- Guided Local Excursions
- In-Villa Massages
- Personal Driver
- Private Chef
- Rental Car
Once your dream getaway is booked, your included personal concierge can coordinate and schedule virtually any aspect of your villa vacation.
This offer ends June 29, 2018 — book now while our best villas are still available!
Offer valid for new bookings only made between 6/18/18 - 6/29/18 for travel from 6/18/18 - 12/31/18. Destination Dollars of up to $1,000. Amount is based on the base villa cost only and security deposits, concierge services, booking fees, tax and services are not included in calculating the Destination Dollar amount. Valid for select pre-paid services only. Service offered is subject to availability. No cash value. The value of any unused credit is non-refundable. Credit cannot be applied towards booking value. May not be combinable with other offers. All offers are subject to availability and may not apply to all villas or travel dates. Other restrictions may apply; please call for full details.
Provence Travel Guide
Provence, located in the south of France, is one of France’s most beautiful provinces. It’s perhaps most famous for its striking, fragrant lavender fields which bloom in early summer. But you don’t have to time your visit to the lavender; the region offers plenty more to see and do.
The delightful city of Aix-en-Provence is a highlight in the region with its Cours Mirabeau, a miniature Champs-Elysees, which is alive with restaurants and shops. On the coast of Provence you’ll find the fishing village of Cassis, where you can take a boat tour of the harbor. And further west you’ll find Marseille, France’s oldest city and an important trading port throughout history.
Other notable destinations include the Roman city of Arles, the city of Avignon with its famous medieval bridge, the Pont d’Avignon, and Les Baux de Provence, a fortified hilltop village. And throughout your Provence villa vacation, you can enjoy regional produce like olives and truffles, as well as famous Provençal dishes such as bouillabaisse and boeuf en daube, which, like Provence, are meant to be savored.
Learn more about Provence »
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.