Utterly private and so romantic, 'Mooncottage' will delight those seeking a lovers' hideaway or a secluded spot for vacationing with friends.
Mooncottage Vacation Rental
Tucked within lush gardens and set high on a green hill reached via a winding island road, Mooncottage commands one of the best views on St. John—a sweeping, 180-degree blue and green panorama of Coral Bay, Tortola, Norman Island and Virgin Gorda.
A stone staircase ushers you into the soothing zen magic of 'Mooncottage': two pavilions crafted in native stonework bordered by a graveled garden courtyard set with a bubbling koi pond, and connected by a solar-heated pool, with an adjacent covered veranda overlooking the endless Caribbean horizon.
The main house is tastefully done with upholstered sofas and chairs and a comfortable queen-size, articulated chaise lounge that folds flat for sleeping, and is accented with teak and other exotic hardwoods. The living area shares space with the colorful gourmet kitchen and a full bath with a moon window. The restful aura of this pavilion is completed by the shaded porch just outside, which beckons relaxation.
Adjacent is the master bedroom pavilion with an outside shower, a handmade, teak, four-poster queen bed, and a full bath. Linens are 100 percent Egyptian cotton. The architecture, Feng Shui, eclectic furnishings and this villa's very serene and spiritual ambience are simplicity itself, but exceptional in so many ways.
Superbly equipped, Mooncottage offers many excellent amenities, including satellite internet access for your laptop and complimentary welcome gifts for all guests. Set on a half acre of natural Caribbean beauty, 'Mooncottage' is exactly the right size, totally private, fully-screened and graced with lovely gardens, banana, papaya, mampoo and flowering Chapeau Napoleon trees. Its high elevation and constant island tradewinds assure cool comfort, and it offers tranquility and closeness to nature, with turtle doves cooing, surf whispering below and night skies offering you the moon and a million stars.
A short drive down the hill to Coral Bay puts you within minutes of bars, restaurants and beaches - but you may decide to stay at 'Mooncottage' and just savor the peace, the view and each other. Unique and exceptional.
HOW IS THE ROAD UP TO 'MOONCOTTAGE?'
'Mooncottage' is located in Calabash Boom - a lovely, secluded, quiet community. The Calabash Boom Road to 'Mooncottage' is owned by the VI Territory and is largely unpaved. Seasonally, it can sometimes get pretty bumpy. However, any 4-wheel drive vehicle can handle it easily; renting a 4-wheel drive vehicle is required for Mooncottage. In late 2010, steep sections of the road were paved, and some concrete water bars were installed to help keep the road in better shape. Is it perfect? No. It will only be perfect when it is completely paved, which won't happen for a while. Is it navigable? ABSOLUTELY! Actually, many guests think it's fun going up and down! But, the road is now routinely maintained to make it as smooth as it can possibly be.
Rates available upon request.
- One queen in separate bedroom pavilion, upholstered chaise lounge (folds flat) with a queen mattress in living area
- Two bathrooms and two outdoor showers
- Answering machine
- Assorted snorkel gear
- Beach chairs and coolers
- CD player
- DVD player
- Electronic estate gate
- Extensive movie and music collections
- Flat-screen TV (no cable)
- Gourmet kitchen with convection oven (but no dishwasher)
- iPod docking station
- Koi pond with fountain
- Safe for valuables
- Sub-compact, notebook computer with complimentary high-speed satellite internet access
- Weber gas grill
- Welcome gifts for all guests
- Lameshur Bay, Salt Pond (less than 1 mile away), or Francis Bay (about 2-1/2 miles away)
- 10 feet x 16 feet x 4 feet - 6.5 feet deep, solar heated
Staff and Services
- Housekeeping: once per week, if rental is for four persons, or if rental is 10 nights or longer
- Children 12 years and older are welcome
- There is a solar-powered gate into the neighborhood. Guests will be given a code to open and close this gate
- No pets
- No smoking within villa
- The queen-sized bed in living room will be available in June, 2013. Until June, the bed is a double-size.
- ALL guests at 'Mooncottage' are required to sign a notarized, general liability waiverﾠat the time of booking. Please ask to see a copy of this when making your reservation.
Additional Villa Notes
- A 7-night minimum at full Thanksgiving rate required on all rentals which occur during any portion of the Thanksgiving holiday week.
- Rates are based on the highest occupany level during the stay.
- 4pm Check-In
The exact location of Mooncottage is not available on this map. The pin on the map below shows the approximate location of Coral Bay, St. John:
There are currently no reviews.
There are currently no specials available for Mooncottage.
St. John Travel Guide
Pristine & Green
St. John isn’t only the smallest of the U.S. Virgin Islands – it is also, by far, the greenest. The lush Virgin Islands National Park takes up approximately 60% of the island, making St. John one of the most pristine, unspoiled islands in the Caribbean. The Virgin Islands National Park contains a staggering array of ecosystems, including forests, ponds, coral reefs, beaches, and mangroves. Take a tranquil walk through the park, lounge on the island’s legendary white-sand beaches, or take a kayak or boat tour through crystal-clear water.
Learn more about St. John »
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.